The Philippines is a democratic country; thus, the citizens are the sole source of the government’s authority and sovereignty. You are actually vesting a momentous power to whoever you vote for. Do you realize the magnitude of this? In this post, I’ll discuss how you can complete the COMELEC Registration 2021, so you can vote next year.
Voting is both a political right and a civic duty. Choosing not to vote is giving up your voice. Someone actually said that it is only during the election that we are all equal, regardless if you are poor or rich, male or female or LGBTQIA+, or young or old, or popular or not, all of us have one vote. In May next year, you and I will finally have the opportunity to contribute to the change that we’ve wanted after six years of injustice, corruption, and fascism. Will you just let this chance go to waste?
But before you can cast your vote, you have to make sure that you’re a registered voter. The COMELEC Registration 2021 is until September 30, 2021 only. Here is how you can complete the COMELEC Registration 2021:
2. Under the Type of Application section, tick “Registration.”
3. Fill out all the required details in the Personal Information, Supplementary Data, Citizenship Details, and Residence/ Address sections.
4. Set an appointment with the COMELEC branch in your area of residence for biometrics capturing and submission of the application form. Having an appointment means you will be prioritized over walk-ins. However, if you don’t want to set an appointment, you can simply walk into a COMELEC branch during regular working hours before the end of the registration period.
5. Review the information you inputted, tick “I’m not a robot,” and click “Show Provided Information Details.”
NOTE: Completing the application form does not make you a registered voter yet. Proceed to step 6.
6. Download the completed application form and print it.
7. Proceed to the COMELEC office of your residence, where you have an appointment. Present the print-out of your application form and your valid ID.
8. Follow COMELEC’s procedures on how your biometrics will be taken and complete the registration process.
You’re all set. Your name must now be added to the COMELEC’s database of voters.
Since we’re still in the midst of a pandemic, there are still restrictions, and there are closed COMELEC branches, especially in the areas where ECQ and MECQ are enforced. Check COMELEC’s and other reliable sources’ announcements on the re-opening of these COMELEC offices. Please remember that COMELEC declined the calls to extend voter registration, so the hard deadline is September 30 this year. [EDIT]: The registration will re-open on October 11, 2021, and will end on October 30.
I hope this quick guide on how you can register as a voter this 2021 is helpful. Please register on or before September 30, 2021, and vote WISELY in May next year (!!!)
“The ballot is stronger than the bullet” — Abraham Lincoln